This policy describes how Punjabi Junction (“we”) protect and make use of the information you provide to us when you use our website.
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use our website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
Personal data that we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Name and contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from us, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
We may share your data with selected third parties including:
- Our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, to perform any contract we enter into with you or them;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
We may disclose your information to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or seller;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
Cookies and how we use them
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
Our website uses an ecommerce system called WooCommerce to enable us to process your order. To keep track of cart data, WooCommerce uses three cookies:
The first two cookies contain information about your cart as a whole and help WooCommerce to know when your cart data changes. The third cookie contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Write to us at: Punjabi Junction, 17a Graham Street, Edinburgh, EH6 5QN [postal address].
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to do so.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will always hold your information securely. Our website and ecommerce shop are hosted by alpha-tango.co.uk at WPEngine. Information provided is held in their secure data centre.
Links from our website
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.