FLAVOUR OF THE MONTH
The seeds have a lemony citrus flavour when crushed, due to terpenes linalool and pinene. It is described as warm, nutty, spicy, and orange-flavoured.
Vegetable Pakora (Vegetable Fritters)
Vegetable Pakoras, is the perfect and simple starter dish which uses out Spice of the Month Coriander as one the main ingrediants.
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 medium potato washed and finely diced
- 5-6 tablespoons Gram flour
- 1 finely chopped green chilli
- 1 ½ teaspoon Garam masala
- 1½ teaspoons of salt or to taste
- 1 ¼ Aubergine finely chopped (optional)
- ½ teaspoon Dried Methi
You can also add other vegetables (cauliflower, mushroom etc) to suit your taste buds.
- Heat oil in a medium pan
- Peel and finely dice potatoes
- Peel and finely slice onion
- Add salt, Garam masala, green chillies and mix together all ingredients in a large bowl
- Add dried Methi
- Add Gram flour and mix together with water until you get a thick consistency.
- Allow oil to cool to a medium temperature
- Drop in the mixture, 1 tablespoon full at a time
- Fry for 7-10 mins until golden brown
Serve with a salad and chutney.