FLAVOUR OF THE MONTH
Fenugreek is an annual plant in the family Fabaceae. The plant has small round leaves, is cultivated worldwide as a semi-arid crop, and is a common ingredient in dishes from the Indian Subcontinent. It is known as methi in Punjabi.
Methi Chicken (Fenugreek Chicken)
Methi Chicken Curry is a wonderfull full bodied curry. The fenugreek compliments the flavour of the chicken beautifully and makes this the perfect dish.
- 400g chicken (diced)
- 1 onions (chopped)
- half a tin of tomatoes
- fresh ginger /garlic paste
- garam masala
- green chillie paste/ red chillie powder
- Heat oil and add chopped onions and saute will brown, add tomatoes,ginger and garlic paste and cook till soft and combines with onions.
- Add all the dry spices, salt and cook on low heat, add little warm water if it starts sticking to the pan.
- Cook untill the raw smell of the masala is gone.
- Add chicken and mix it well, let the chicken cook in its own juice for about 5 minutes.
- Taste for salt and adjust according to the requirement**
- Add a cup of warm water and cook with the lid on in medium to high heat.
- Add fenugreek and cook untill its cooked, add water when required.
**if you want more gravy add more water . if you want dry curry reduce the water.